Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tuesday Jake Update

Hi all!
Jake is doing really well.  Sometimes he seems a little confused, but I think it is because he's still adjusting to being totally deaf.  For the most part, he has been taking his medicine like a good little basset.  It involves baby food, cheese, and the peanut butter from a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.  There was some damage to Jake's facial nerves, so he was having trouble blinking, but it seems to be getting better.  This requires Jake to get eye ointment.  Jake's been really good about leaving his ears alone, so he only has to wear the cone when he's unsupervised or at night cause I can't keep an eye on him, cause I'm sleeping.  He's licking his paws more so I guess I have to wash them with the medicated wash.  That's always fun!

His stitches are scheduled to be removed Thursday, December 17.




That bald spot on his butt is where his opiate patch was.
It came off today.

No comments: