Sunday, December 6, 2009

I Do Not Like the Cone of Shame

Happy St. Nick's Day!  Jake is home and currently eating rice and hamburger, he had baby food appetizer laced with pills :).  He's doing really well, although there was some facial nerve damage, as Jake can't blink really well yet.  He gets eyedrops until he can blink!

Jake gets to wear a cone!  So far it hasn't been all that great.  Jake keeps running into stuff.


Here's Jake the Flower.
This is the cone they gave him at the hospital.
He steps on it.



Here's Jake modeling his new cone.
It's soft and padded.
It also folds so that he doesn't step on it.

Thanks for all your special prayers and wishes as Jake was sick and in the hospital!

UPDATE: Jake's special bud Mike composed a poem for Jake:

I would not wear it in the shower
it makes me look just like a flower
I would not wear it in the park
I would not wear it in the dark
I would not wear it in the yard
I can not walk it is too hard
I would not wear it on a walk
I look so silly folks will gawk
I do not like this cone of shame
I do not like things that are lame

5 comments:

makemeaspark said...

I am so glad you are on the mend Jake!

makemeaspark said...

I am so glad you are on the mend Jake!

Unknown said...

You're so cute in your cone of shame!

Adoro said...

Awww...what a sweet little Basset Flower!

Give Jake a big hug and kiss from me!

jennyren said...

he looks like a southern belle in the blue one...the black one is definitely better. :) Get well soon, Jake!