Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Today's Jake Update

Hi all.
Jake was able to be seen by the dental service at the vet hospital.  The dental vets don't think he has the doggie MS disease.  They think the tumor in Jake's ear has grown or that the pressure in the ear canal is what is causing him not to be able to open his jaw fully.  The vet brought out a doggie skull model and the ear area is really close to the jaw bone and joint.

The moral of the story is that Jake needs ear surgery sooner, rather than later.  As in Jake's surgery is scheduled for Thursday, December 3.

I'm not sure what the prognosis is at this point.  I think if they can get the mass out, everything will be okay.  It all depends on whether or not the mass is cancerous or not (the vets aren't sure) and what happens when they start operating.

I do know Jake will be in the hospital for 3-4 days and most likely will have a cone.  Don't worry, I'll take pictures of that.


I gots a chewy to hide, stop following me!
(This was taken early Sunday afternoon, when Jake could still chew.)

No comments: