Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Jake at Beckemeier Conservation Area

On May 27, 2010, Jake and I went to Beckemeier Conservation Area right next to Faust Park in St. Louis County.  I chose this park because the trail was short and I thought it would be a good start to visiting different parks.  Apparently, I don't know how to read a topographical map correctly.  I knew it was hilly, but I thought (looking at the map) that it wasn't all that steep and it was flat once you got to the ridge line.  I forgot to check the scale.  It was really steep getting to the ridge line and up from the ridge line.  It was so steep in spots that Jake actually slide down the trail at one point.  The trail along the ridge line wasn't wide enough for Jake and I to walk side by side.  The trail starts off in a glen/prairie area and then drops into the forest so it is pretty shady but not in the glen/prairie.

Link to Beckemeier CA.

It doesn't look so bad here...


Jake happily sniffing in the grass.


The trail in the woods

No comments: